AquaClear powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocean

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I stopped at Petco to see what they had on clearance and found a AquaClear 50 powerhead for $12.00. This is going on my 40 gal breeder, but the tank hang on part seems kind of flimsy, ( fits on the back of the powerhead which is heavy) I have to unscrew it a lot to get it to hang on the back of my tank. ( wide lip that the glass lid sits on) and the powerhead isn't level,it sags down. If that hang on the bracket breaks I'm afraid the powerhead will fall and break my tank! It also has a suction cup (3) attactment but I don't think it is strong enough to hold up the powerhead inside the tank. and you can't use both parts together. Need a way to improve this if possible. Any ideas?

this may sound silly, but are you attaching it the correct side up.

The suction cup attachment can slide and be fitted in both directions (up and down). But from memory, it only clicks into place in one of the directions

Bubble_B0y said:
this may sound silly, but are you attaching it the correct side up.

The suction cup attachment can slide and be fitted in both directions (up and down). But from memory, it only clicks into place in one of the directions

Just looked at it again, the suction cup attactment will only slide on one way and it doesn't click into place, only the tank hang clicks in place. The suction attactments has little "stops" on the bottom, can only slide it on from the bottom part of the powerhead.

oh ok.
I have the aquaclear powerhead 20.
I assumed they were all the same. I guess not :(

Bubble_B0y said:
oh ok.
I have the aquaclear powerhead 20.
I assumed they were all the same. I guess not :(

Hey, thanks for the help! :) at least now I won't try using it with the hang on attactment!! I may just pick up a couple more....the other powerheads were $9.00!! I love the clearance items!

Back
Top Bottom