Aquaclear won't stay level

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barliman

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all,

I recently added an AC 20 to my 20-long tank for added filtration and flow. Trouble is, it won't stay level. When I level it with the tab on the filter, it always backslides a bit, and I think it's gradually getting worse. I figure I could glue it, but what kind works best on plastic-to-plastic?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just adjust the tab until it can slide anywhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The plastic adjustment knobs broke on 2 of 3 AC50 filters I own. I affixed an appropriately sized short length of PVC pipe using double sided tape to keep them level.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I used appropriate sized / width of styrofoam or insulation hardboard, just cut a 1-2 inch width to hold it to the amount you want. I have one purple house insulation board slice - very dense, and one with a chunk/slice of packing from a box I received.

Both work great, you could wrap the white styrofoam with colored or regular duct tape to blend it in.

You can do a dab of tape on each side of the filter (attaching the foam to the filter at an angle) to keep the angle level for the filter. Duct tape is awesome, lol! Works better than the rolled up wash cloth I started with!

The plastic adjustment knobs broke on 2 of 3 AC50 filters I own. I affixed an appropriately sized short length of PVC pipe using double sided tape to keep them level.

Hmm... Hadn't thought of PVC. Thanks!

Autumnsky said:
I used appropriate sized / width of styrofoam or insulation hardboard, just cut a 1-2 inch width to hold it to the amount you want.

(...)

You can do a dab of tape on each side of the filter (attaching the foam to the filter at an angle) to keep the angle level for the filter. Duct tape is awesome, lol! Works better than the rolled up wash cloth I started with!

Styrofoam or thick cardboard is what I was thinking of. And duct tape is, of course, what made MacGyver great. :cool:

Thanks for the advice!

Yes, I love MacGuyver, such inspiration - so resourceful. It is because his abilities (and a little from obeservations of my dad) that I can do amazing things with almost nothing, lol! And duct tape.... :)

Back
Top Bottom