Aquaeon vs. Topfin ?? Advice needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blindmelon119

Aquarium Advice Regular
As I continue my quest for my dream aquarium, I am hoping to avoid regrets later. PetSmart has a Topfin 120g tank/hood/light/stand for $605.00. The stand looks cheap to me. My local aquarium shop has a Aqueon setup, same stuff, little better looking stand, For $100.00 more. Is there big difference between a Topfin and Aquaeon? Besides $100.00, that is. Still checking Craigslist twice a day!

I would
A. Look at the price of everything excluding the stand and build my own.

B. Look at the gear that comes with the tank and buy the one with nicer equipment. And I think that would be aqueon.

C. See which stand is a better fit to you, as in, do you want shelves, or cabinets?

Hope I've helped.

I also saw your thread on what filter to get. I would suggest going on dr. Foster and Smith and looking at filstars. They have them at nearly 50% off right now, and I think an xpl xl will do you good.

As I continue my quest for my dream aquarium, I am hoping to avoid regrets later. PetSmart has a Topfin 120g tank/hood/light/stand for $605.00. The stand looks cheap to me. My local aquarium shop has a Aqueon setup, same stuff, little better looking stand, For $100.00 more. Is there big difference between a Topfin and Aquaeon? Besides $100.00, that is. Still checking Craigslist twice a day!

To quote what you asked, no. There isnt much difference at all besides the equipment it comes with. They are gonna last equally as long if you maintain them properly

Back
Top Bottom