aquamedic 1000 problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrkho

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
the wierd thing, i just recieved this product, and the false gas outlet leaks water if i turn it on to fill the tube with water, and when its filled, i shut the valve, and water starts dripping out of the tube, everything is tightened as tight as it can be. so what i did was i only filled the back tube with 3/4 so it wont leak on the false outlet. is not filling it to the max not allowing my co2 to work?

Close your false gas outlet valve OFF. When you start up your pump to the reactor, it should fill to the top. You can turn it horizontal for a minute if that helps it to fill.
After that, if there's anything leaking, it just needs tightening or you have a defective reactor. Exactly where does it leak from ?

Dave

i think i got it working, thanks, but i noticed that there are some bubbles in the the aqua unit, is that normal? am i losing co2 because of that? or is it cool?

because the plastic inside the unit doesn't have any slimecoat built up on it, bubbles will stick a bit for a few days, as Xzap states, it'll clear up soon enough.

but the bubbles in there shouldnt cause any problems right? or will it release co2 some how? i mean the whole unit is concealed so no co2 can escape anyways so everythgi nshould be ok right?

Back
Top Bottom