Aquarium Background Search

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coyote251

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of some good backgrounds. I have looked at a few LFS's and the backgrounds they carry are pretty over the top. I did some searching online and of the 10 or so sites that i looked at most of the backgrounds were the same or the ones that were different did not fit my tank. I like basic and simplistic looks. I have seen the 3D backgrounds that mount in the tank. They are amazing and will definitely be part of my next from scratch tank, but they are way out of my budget right now. I am just looking for the type that goes on the back of the tank, maybe like a rock wall or something like that. Even if someone has some ideas for a DIY one that would be good. I have thought of trying to take a picture and then having it printed and laminated. Thanks.(y)

The juwel backgrounds are good and very easy to cut

I have the dark cliff in my tank and love it

If you want to spend top money then back to nature are the best but you pay for it

Don't go on how rubbish some look like in shops as they look much better when in the water

Someone here suggested ebay to me once and I found my favorite there.

The juwel backgrounds are good and very easy to cut

I have the dark cliff in my tank and love it

If you want to spend top money then back to nature are the best but you pay for it

Don't go on how rubbish some look like in shops as they look much better when in the water

I will check them out thanks. I am not sure where you thought I said that they look like rubbish, maybe you didn't read my OP. I just think they are too bright and loud for my own personal taste. Some people might paint a room fuchsia and think that it looks wonderful, that wouldn't be for me. Different strokes for different folks!

I will check them out thanks. I am not sure where you thought I said that they look like rubbish, maybe you didn't read my OP. I just think they are too bright and loud for my own personal taste. Some people might paint a room fuchsia and think that it looks wonderful, that wouldn't be for me. Different strokes for different folks!

Have you considered painting the back of the tank black or blue. Super easy to do and very inexpensive. $10 max
PS..Can be easily removed in the future if needed...

ok here goes i did this might work for you i got a 48 inch square piece of acrylic/plexiglass..the thinner the cheaper it is.. i cut the acrylic to fit in between the top and bottom trims painted it black with color flake to have a bit of sparkles placed it on the back of my tank and held it in place with the magnets from my power heads... always can change it in ten minutes if i dont like it as for the rest of that acrylic was used in the over head canopy..and if that dont work for you home depot and big box stores have those privacy films for cheap

good luck

Somebody on here had a black garbage bag for a background. It actually looked good! Wish I hadn't wasted ten bucks on my black background.

There are better options than hanging a bit of cloth over the back using a bit of tin foil or painting the back black or blue

I had a black back on my 350 gal it was ok but hard to keep clean

With my 8x6 there was no way I could have reached the back glass to clean it so a moulded 3d background is perfect so I put it on the back and sides and it looks great once it starts to get a bit of green on it and I just use a mag float on the front glass

Attachments

• image-1497541424.jpg
    image-1497541424.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 111
I actually came up with a good idea last night. Found free high resolution images of rock textures from google. Then priced having it printed online, it was only $29.99 for 24" x 48". I can then laminate it and attach it to the same way that the backgrounds from the lfs are attached. I guess you could even do the sides if you wanted. Great ideas though, maybe this should go into the DIY section. This is the backing i am leaning towards.

Attachments

• Rock_Background.jpg
    Rock_Background.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 60
The cheapest a best option is to stick bits of slate on the back it look natural

Back
Top Bottom