Aquarium backgrounds...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twoodrough

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is there a place to buy backgrounds off the net that won't cost twice as much as finding them in the store? My LFS does not have one I like where it would be $6-$8. I found one I like on the net, but with shipping it will be closer to $14-$15 to get it. Not terrible, but I figured if it is possible to be less, someone here will know.
Thanks!

If you just want something simple, then buy some black poster board and tape it on.

Ebay has them in a good number of styles, sold by the foot for a few bucks per foot.

This is just a random thought in middle of the night, but stores like "Michael's" have tons of decorative paper for cheap. They're usually size of regular paper, but if you get some and then take them to a teachers store and have them laminate it all together, you could use that. It's a lot of steps, but you'd definitely be able to find a design you love. :)

The best background I have used is 5% automotive window tint. It doesn't scratch and doesn't come off. You can use a magnetic glass cleaner on it with no problems

Back
Top Bottom