Aquarium controller issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As if it's not cool enough... make one if the keys trigger the pirate chest that blows open with air?? What do the foot pedals do?

Right one is the aquarium lights
Left one is the motor for the piano key movement
Middle one is for the aquarium multicolor spot light

This is one of the coolest tanks I've ever seen and the fact you built this on your own is exceptional. Awesome job my friend.

:banghead: Thanks it was a lot of blood, sweat, tears, and a few choice words under my breath. :fish1: :fish2:

It's been a labor of love. :fish2:

This is the cabinet I fabricated from a old china hutch made in 1968, its the access into the aquarium equipment room.

IMG_5983.jpg

First I measured the wall for the cabinet.

IMG_6014.jpg

The cabinet was disassembled, cut up then re-assembled, the drawers were converted to a door, I put a new top on it. I found the original hinges for the drawers that were converted into a door.

received_758546107676457.jpg

The wall was cut out for the cabinet.

IMG_6127.jpg

The completed access into the aquarium equipment room.

:dance:

Update

:dance: As of today:
The R800104/AF-92 LIFEGARD inline heater/ controller is keeping the tank at 77-80 degrees, i love it. :fish1:
The Penn Plax 1000 is great quiet, I've got a extra baskets for quick replacement. I also have a extra set of control valves if i have to service the Penn Plax so the water stays put. :dance:
The Active Aqua Commercial Air Pump, 12 Outlets, 112W, 110 L/min is great for pumping out the air, its noisy and hot. I have a industrial fan operating and I have read this is one of the problems associated with the air pump. I've got a handle on the noise, its inside of the room that is semi sound proof. :blink:
The Rio Hyper Flow inline pump a 250 GPH is quiet, efficient, perfect for the tank. :dance:
I have led lights on both sides of the tank and its bright, non glaring, perfect for the application. :dance:

I did my research, I studied each one to make sure they were going to perform in the aquarium. Some adjustments were made, overall it worked out well. The fish are doing great, my wife is happy. :)

OK,
I hope this works out, a experiment in the making.

I just ordered another controller.
I have ordered, received a probe with a plug in.

Now, I'm going to build a longer extension for the probe. I have some project boxes to work into the experiment.

The other controller will be stock and a backup if I FUBAR this chingaderas. It doesn't cost that much if this goes south.

received_792590817605319.jpg

This one I call little Nemo.

received_792592167605184.jpg

Everyone seems to be getting along.

Alita air pumps rule !
I run 40 outlets on my AL 40 for my fish room.
I would think a smaller AL15 would be more then enough.
Alita AL-15A Air Pump + 12 Gang Manifold
SERIOUSLY quiet pumps when plugged into air lines..
I blow a fan on my 40 but did not note it in the directions on the 15.
As my fish room grows I keep getting bigger pumps and Alita is my only choice. Got 4.

Alita air pumps rule !
I run 40 outlets on my AL 40 for my fish room.
I would think a smaller AL15 would be more then enough.
Alita AL-15A Air Pump + 12 Gang Manifold
SERIOUSLY quiet pumps when plugged into air lines..
I blow a fan on my 40 but did not note it in the directions on the 15.
As my fish room grows I keep getting bigger pumps and Alita is my only choice. Got 4.

7645_3342 (1).jpg

This is my pump: Active Aqua Commercial Air Pump, 12 Outlets, 112W, 110 L/min

:fish1: I feel that the pump is great for what I wanted. Mine is noisy, so i placed it in another location which has reduced the noise a lot.

:oops: I knew that they make noise, from my research, and I had a backup plan to reduce the noise if the aquarium maintenance room was not going to keep the noise down.

The second location is much better, and i have a fan blowing on it 24/7, the other plus is where its at, I can regulate the winter cold from outside, to keep it cool.:dance:

Update

Well, as of today, no problems, I've tried to over build the aquarium to make less issues occure. I also built into the aquarium repair areas to disassemble things when something happens. Finally, the aquarium maintenance room got a couple of coats of polyurethane finish protecting my notes that i wrote on the wood.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

When shopping for the one, the first thing that you need to think about is the type of controller you need. Do you need one for your pumps, the lights, or the heater? Maybe you are in the market for a pH controller aquarium. There is no such thing as an all-in-one aquarium controller.

Back
Top Bottom