aquarium controllers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gti_Leo

Aquarium Advice Addict
is anyone using them? i'm looking for a good one that is reasonably priced

i was also lookign into buildign my own but honestly right now i'm just to lazy to do it and to read through all the programming involved in some of the PLC coding lol

I would check out the ones on bulkreefsupply.com. I've seen reviews on them and they seem great. In the end, its cheaper than buying all the light timers and things. They measure so many things it's crazy. I honestly don't know how someone could mAke something like that, but then again, im not educated in electricity whatsoever lol.

I've done some research on them, as I'm planning on purchasing one. It seems that the general consensus is that the RKL is the more common 'entry level' controller, as it's cheaper than the Apex, a little more user friendly (opinionated), and the add-ons are a little cheaper. The Apex seems to be what most more experienced or high tech reefers go with. They can be programmed to do more things, and have more capacity for extra modules.

With that said, I really think I'm going to start with the RKL, but eventually explorer the Apex.

Back
Top Bottom