Aquarium crack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seashellz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was doing my weekly water change when I noticed a small 1 1/2 inch long crack on the right tank wall it is as big as a hair but I'm freaking out, should I get a new one right away?

Most importantly, keep the filter cartilage. it contains your good bacteria. makes the cycling process painless and faster

Right that totally slipped my mind- how long should I give the tank to condition? Will adding cultured gravel help?

Should I use safe start or any jump star chemicals?

chemicals are not necessary. if you keep the filter cartilage and other stuffs that were in the tank,( for example decor and rock) then you just have to wait for a day or so, which is not bad considering normal cycling takes weeks. i never use chemicals in my tank.

Right that totally slipped my mind- how long should I give the tank to condition? Will adding cultured gravel help?

yes, adding the gravel will help tremendously. basically you would want anything that's got a lot of pores on them. these pores serve as home for your beneficial bacteria.

So can I have the new aquarium ready to go and fish safe in a few hours?

I'll bet if you use Prime, you could put the fish right in....just check your parameters 2x a day for 3-4 days.

yeah, if you are going to add fish right away it's recommended that you do some water change daily and make sure the water is tested everyday. do not be surprised if there's a mini-cycle that kicks in during the meantime

Back
Top Bottom