Aquarium Hood Glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokinz51

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am in a pickle and can not find what I am looking for anywhere
During my move the hood glass broke.

I am looking for a hinged glass top that measures 22.5 x 16.5.

I have been making due with plastics and such but I need to replace one of my LED enclosures and thought this would be the perfect time

I looked for a sticker on the underside of the tank denoting the manufacturer, but i do not see one.

Can somebody point me where I can buy a pair of glass hinged tops that measure 22.5 long x 16.5 deep please?

Just have a glass shop cut the pieces of glass to size. For a length of 22.5 it probably is 3/16 thick glass. Use your existing hinges and handles. The ones you buy online/in store are for either Marineland or Aqueon standard size aquariums.

what brand tank is it and what size is it
thinking you may have measuring points wrong as no one has that odd size

what brand tank is it and what size is it
thinking you may have measuring points wrong as no one has that odd size

it is a 75 gallon rectangular 18 x 48 x 21. I do not know the manufacturer, there is no sticker or mark i can see on the bottom.

Does it have a center brace, mine didn't but I made one and then used a standard aqueon versa top.

Call,email or visit the Aqueon web site and see if they make the size you need and ask your local store to order one for you.

I found this one but I'm thinking it will need to be cut down , I use these tops a lot and cut them myself , you can get a decent glass cutter at a home improvement store for like 10 bucks , just be sure to wear protective glasses and gloves its a very simple cut score the glass like 8 to 10 times than it will snap off clean ,
https://www.amazon.com/Glass-Aquarium-AAG29024-Versa-24-Inch/dp/B0002AS7ZS?th=1

Last edited:
I was lucky mine fit perfectly. I just have to find a light to fit. I found my tank with lights, a part of an underground filter, and some other stuff. The light is encrusted with calcium deposits.

Couldn't find what brand my tank was but standard one fit. I wonder if he or lfs just needs to order right one?

I found this one but I'm thinking it will need to be cut down , I use these tops a lot and cut them myself , you can get a decent glass cutter at a home improvement store for like 10 bucks , just be sure to wear protective glasses and gloves its a very simple cut score the glass like 8 to 10 times than it will snap off clean ,
https://www.amazon.com/Glass-Aquarium-AAG29024-Versa-24-Inch/dp/B0002AS7ZS?th=1

i found that one before i posted the question and thought of cutting. But i am unsure how to stretch glass. :) it is quite short

It is 23 1/8 W, 9 3/8 D (11 1/2 D w/ the plastic extender)

and that sums the problem i have. this by no way is a custom tank. i bought it several years ago from a LFS that is now 16 hours away. they had tons of them for sale so it wasnt a one off.

i just cant believe it is this hard to find something that I would think is common.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I think Lowes still cuts glass for you, they did last year. Or call the 16 hour away lfs and ask them what brand they carried last year (or when ever it was). :)

Back
Top Bottom