aquarium hood splash guards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mtgjudge

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey All!

I'm brand new here...getting back into the hobby after many years of dormancy. :p

I have a 48" Perfecto flo hood that has areas in the back that used to be cover by a plastic channeling that is cut out to accomodate heaters, filter tubes, etc.

Problem is - I don't have them anymore, and when I ordered a replacement piece it was not deep enough. (The original was 3"ish.)

Any idea where I can get these parts?

Thanks in advance for your collective wisdom. :)

lmkbubblfsh.gif

to AquariumAdvice.com!!!

Any idea where I can get these parts?

Get some perfect glass tops ;) They should cover the eintire width of the tank.

Thanks for the thought, but then I can't cut around 'em to accomodate for the filter tubes. :(

The stuff I am looking for are clear plastic strips, approx 3" by 12" they have a channel on one of the long edges that slides onto the back of the hood. You can cut holes in it to allow heater and filter tubes to pass through without leaving an open space for things to escape.

Thanks for the thought, but then I can't cut around 'em to accomodate for the filter tubes.

Actually the glass tops come with a piece like you describe. But apparently since you purchased your hoods, they have altered the design and the plastic strip is smaller, if you by the whole glass top, it should fit and you do have the plastic piect to cut filters around.

Back
Top Bottom