Aquarium kit around 12 - 15 gallons?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scrapulous

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had an Eclipse system 12 for 5 years. It now has a small crack on the front, and I'd like to replace it instead of trying to save it. However, there are some design flaws that make it annoying to clean.

What I want:

1. acrylic 12 - 15 gallons (would go up to 20 at most)
2. light, filter, bio wheel included
3. want the lid to hinge so that when I clean it I don't have to completely remove it. The light for the Eclipse is built into the hood, so when I remove the hood to clean the tank, it's dark. I need someone to stand there and hold a flashlight so I can see well enough to clean it. Not good.

Is all that available in a kit? I haven't been able to find one, but I don't really know where to look.

Thanks!

You can go with an AIO (All In One) aquarium such as a JBJ Nano Cube or a Oceanic Bio Cube. The lights don't need to be removed from the tank as they swivel up providing enough illumination to see what you are doing. They make those Eclipse systems and they are much better than the previous versions.

Thank you for your response. I really like both of those kits, but I wish they were acrylic. I've never had glass, and I'm afraid it will crack. Isn't that supposed to be the advantage to acrylic? It's stronger? Or is that just one opinion?

Thank you all. I appreciate the suggestions, but they are all for glass tanks. I do want acrylic. I may just end up with another Eclipse 12 if I can't find anything else. I find it hard to believe that they make the only one available, though.

The link provided above has acrylic tanks, but they are not shipped. You have to pick them up in Ohio, and I'm in Texas. But I'll keep looking!

Or maybe I'll try to figure out if I can live with the crack, or fix it.

Back
Top Bottom