Aquarium Reference Books

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buffy

Aquarium Advice Addict
:fish1:Am wondering what you maintain in your home library of books you have read/bought that you like, trust and refer to in relation to all aspects of your Fishkeeping Hobby?

Is there anything about the books that you've read/bought that holds special appeal to you and what is it?

And lastly...What books are on your wishlist?

I have:

"The Saltwater Aquarium Handbook" - I like because it's the starting basics.

"The 101 Best Saltwater Fishes" - For a newbie like me, it gives me alot of information about the fish and how to care for them.

"The 101 Best Marine Invertebrates" - Again for a newbie like me, it gives me alot of information on some of the many invertebrates.

I also have a few magazines for Coral Reefs and such.

Wish list: OMgosh...so many books I'd like to get, so I can read, have them "at my fingertips" and not look at a computer screen soooo much.

Please post, let others know what you've read, liked/disliked and what books have helped you in your Aquatic Endeavors. :):popcorn::popcorn:

Chime in everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also have both of those books!! And I read Tropical Fish and any other mag. I can get my hands!! :)

Awesome, I want to build up my "library" eventually. I also have Coral Reef Magazine, and a few others. I also go to RHM online and Advanced Aquarist. Amongst plenty of other sites of course.

My Barnes and Nobles here is the only bookstore and they have JUNK for saltwater fishkeeping.

Chicken to pay so much online for a book and I don't know if the book is good or not, I don't want to pay and get a book that is useless to me. This hobby is expensive enough with purchasing junk (learned that the hardway too in equipment) I was hoping this thread would lead to some good input.

If anyone has a recommendations or find themselves turning to the same books and or web sites, please jot it down here and/or link it?

Chime in everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone can use some reference materials I'm sure.

The best site is AA!! :) And the only forum I belong to. As for anything else I just google, fish, equipment, ect. As mags go I had 4 years of TFH and a few others that I got rid of, they take up a lot of room, which I don't have! Matter of fact I have to downsize my coffee table to fit in a aquarium! Lol

LOL, peeps have even mentioned downsizing their dining room and getting rid of the table.

Yeah, AA is the best. I do alot of research online too but alot of times, I don't want to be looking at the screen and just want to sit back and look at a "old fashioned" book. I can't bring my laptop to work so when I have breaks at work I read while I eat, sooo I figured I could get some good books and magazines for that.

Books and magazines? Come folks, that is soooooo "last week!". (kidding, sort of...)

:)

i have this huge book called oceans (i think), it just has a lot of info, from how reefs are formed to info about many sea's and the ocean, and a ton about the life that inhabits it. its larger than most of my college texts though...

I love this book:

The Conscientious Marine Aquarist: A Commonsense Handbook for Successful Saltwater Hobbyists

By far the most informative book in my collection. Great pictures, good basic background on most SW fish etc. Worth a read.

Have you checked Amazon in books: marine aquarium? I ha e built my wish list from that. Not only do they have so-so descriptions of the books, but most aquarists that review them go into great detail about what they liked or didn't like about each of them. If they are not reviewed, I don't even consider them. And their prices r better than B & N.

Have you checked Amazon in books: marine aquarium? I ha e built my wish list from that. Not only do they have so-so descriptions of the books, but most aquarists that review them go into great detail about what they liked or didn't like about each of them. If they are not reviewed, I don't even consider them. And their prices r better than B & N.

Been looking there too. I read the reviews on pretty much anything I research LOL. I was wondering what everyone here in the forum has, as there are very experienced and trustworthy people here. Out in the world.....well....not sure of them.

I saw a book about water chemistry and stuff with the aquarium, look every informative and good but I saw no reviews and I can't remember where I saw it.

I'm looking for something like that since I seem to have constant water issues.

Back
Top Bottom