Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-02-2009, 01:11 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'll go with attempting to find the plans and getting them looked at before I do anything. I am almost positive a large apartment complex like mine wouldn't even allow a 55 so I can't risk them finding out I just need a knowledgeable person on the subject to help me ok it lol. I'll keep you all updated with either a sweet 110 gallon setup or sweet hole in the floor set up either way good for you guys.

Old 02-02-2009, 02:09 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWerner13 View Post
... I am almost positive a large apartment complex like mine wouldn't even allow a 55 so I can't risk them finding out...
Wow... going to do it without permission, huh? You do realize that if anything - and I mean ANYTHING - happens you're going to be financially liable for any and everything associated with a single drop of water coming out of the tank... right? I mean, even if a PE tells you the floor plan is safe, but the tank breaks, or you spill a bucket of water... you're going to find your behind in court quicker than you can spell l-a-w-y-e-r. Water damage is a really expensive thing to fix - especially if you're dealing with it going through multiple floors.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:27 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsoong View Post
Without the plans, you can't tell what is a load bearing wall ....
You can tell by the shape of the roof. The trusses of the roof will run perpendicular to load bearing walls. A wall that separates one apartment from another for example would most likely be a load bearing wall (if it runs perpendicular to the trusses).
Old 02-02-2009, 10:57 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
You can tell by the shape of the roof. The trusses of the roof will run perpendicular to load bearing walls. A wall that separates one apartment from another for example would most likely be a load bearing wall (if it runs perpendicular to the trusses).
That is what I figured, and is where my 55 is currently located.

Don't worry friends the research will be done before any moves are made. I will consult a professional. I plan on examining my lease. If aquariums are not covered I will purchase appropriate renters insurance just to be sure. Also, the aquarium I have likely won't be ready untill this summer.

Tags
aquarium safe, safe

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com