Aquarium Sealant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kngsht420

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
A couple of weeks ago i bought a 250 gallon tank and stand for $100. Only thing is the bottom glass was cracked. Well i jus got my new peice of glass, allready predrilled. i allready have the tank dissasembled i was jus wondering do i have to use aquarium sealant on it or can i jus use some clear 3M cilicone thats water proof. I wanna try to put it together this weekend, i allready bought the 3M sealant from lowes but afterwards thought i might wanna try to do some researh on it before i put it on.i wanna use the tank for a SW tank if that makes a differfence. Any help much appreciated thanx.

Make sure the tube says "100% silicone" and nothing about algaecide, fungicide, mildewcide, or anything like that. If you have a name and model number, someone may be able to give you more information.

A couple of weeks ago i bought a 250 gallon tank and stand for $100. Only thing is the bottom glass was cracked. Well i jus got my new peice of glass, allready predrilled. i allready have the tank dissasembled i was jus wondering do i have to use aquarium sealant on it or can i jus use some clear 3M cilicone thats water proof. I wanna try to put it together this weekend, i allready bought the 3M sealant from lowes but afterwards thought i might wanna try to do some researh on it before i put it on.i wanna use the tank for a SW tank if that makes a differfence. Any help much appreciated thanx.

I got a tube of the 3M silicone at Lowe's too. If it says 100% Silicone right under the logo, you got the right stuff. A lot cheaper and better than the stuff LFS sell :).

Back
Top Bottom