Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-05-2006, 08:13 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to Mghslowell Send a message via MSN to Mghslowell Send a message via Yahoo to Mghslowell
aquarium seeler vapor in eyes help please

so yesterday i was sealing the inner tube to my turbo twist uv sterilizer with aquarium sealer .. i wear contact lenses and when i let the cap off the sealer there was a massive vapor i cam einto air contact with it while sealing the tube that seals the bulb from the water but i also had the 9watt uv bulb on at the same time very cloee to my eye
about 4 hours later my left eye started to bother me so i removed the contact lense soon after the right one started botherin me

asi lay in bed both my eyes started to burn when closed. this was last night so all today the eyes were irritated i flushes=d them multiple times and its subsidng a little

has anyone ever had tis happen as well ? any advice on help ?

TIA

Mghslowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 08:34 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
advice would be to contact the eye doctor as soon as possible tomorrow. Keep flushing until then.

Old 03-05-2006, 10:46 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

While there are many experienced aquarists on this forum, I doubt we have a whole bunch of eye doctors on here!

That having been said, if you are the slightest bit concerned about it, DEFINITELY contact your eye doctor in the morning...or if you are very concerned about it, visit your local emergency room. When it comes to your body and especially important organs such as your eyes, I wouldn't play a guessing game with it.

Paul

46 Gallon (Saltwater): 60 pounds Lalo Live Rock, 60 pounds aragonite sand, 1 Coral Beauty Angelfish, 1 Peppermint Shrimp, 1 Mushroom Coral, 1 Emerald Crab, various snails and hermit crabs.

10 Gallon (Saltwater quarantine):
pkremer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 01:22 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to h8z2luze Send a message via MSN to h8z2luze Send a message via Yahoo to h8z2luze
When I was making the top I had on my 50 I got plexglass remnance in my eye it hurt so bad and would NOT come out but finally it did about 3 hours later. I though I was going to have to go to the ER. Of corse your situation is a little diffrent.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:29 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to Mghslowell Send a message via MSN to Mghslowell Send a message via Yahoo to Mghslowell
ok feeling a lot better well atleast my right eye left eye justa lil scratchy i was doing everything wrong haha good thing for online help !
Old 03-06-2006, 02:28 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

The UV bulb in the sterilizer can burn your eyes also. You should never have it turned on unshielded especially when it is close to your eyes.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:48 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

ok kids all set just got back from the eye doctor. everything is ok . just the remenants of a chemical burn from the aquarium sealer. no uv damage thank god. i totaly wasnt thinking. Uv-c = danger danger shoudl be 100% in a few days

Tags
eel, eyes

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com