Aquarium Stand Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RickkyBobby

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 65 gallon tank w/stand and canopy that i bought used..If the stand is the same dimensions of the tank (36 x18) it should work for any tank that size correct? 40 and 50 gallon tanks are the same dimensions.. I just want to make sure this stand is correct/strong enough for this tank..

The person i got it from said it was setup for years with this stand...

There is no support along the rear section of the tank because of the opening..Is that ok?I could beef it up if i have to but if i dont that's cool..

Its a Pine stand.. Here is a photo of it from him all setup

img_2141427_0_b2a344e73d9d95b1928a9e4428ffef79.jpg

And here a photo of inside the stand

img_2141427_1_13c13667a7d1fdd5338c9246dc61049f.jpg

I would probably add something to the back side where the tank would sit on nothing otherwise it looks good to me, I think it will hold it .

ty andrew..I assumed it would be ok but at around 700lbs when full i would like to make sure before rather than later...lol. If i would have built it , it would have been a hell of alot more support than whats there now.. But i guess they know what there doing

It should hold. Wood is very strong, even the cheap production stands like this have no issues holding the tank.

I had a cheap stand build exactly like this with no back piece for a 120g 48x24x24 and it held for years, sold the tank so I'm assuming it's still going strong.

I have built my last two they are a lot sturdier and look it too. I'd be more worried of my floor not holding it then the stands I built. Haha they make stuff cheap but it holds like mudfrog said

Ya that looks plenty sturdy enough since the weight is distributed to every panel on the stand the way they built it. The large opening in the back gives you a lot more room for adding a sump and plumbing

awesome guys .. ty for the help.. yes the opening in the back does make it easier for the plumbing i have done.. . Almost ready for water..

Base rock/sand coming soon

Back
Top Bottom