Aquarium Wall Cleaners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noteworthy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I just found my starfish eating a snail of mine so I was curious what I could get that could clean the walls of the tank without being subjected to the starfish as a treat.

I have a couple of crabs but I'm curious if I should get a goby. I don't know if those will work on windows.

Thanks for any advice.

A mag float works well. There are other animals out there that will clean algae but not do the job nearly as well as your snails. Could be the snail was checking out already.

I just bought the snail and star.. they were doing fine. It is a chocolate chip star.

My wife 'HAD' to have it in my tank to justify spending 200 on rocks.

Try target feeding him some meaty item (raw piece of shrimp, scallop, clam, etc) at least once a week just in case, and see if that helps.

i like the big ol turbo snail...i doubt the star would bug it if you get the good size ones..they do good on walls

Funny thing... I counted my snails and crabs... everyone is still in the tank..

Maybe the starfish decided he didn't want to eat a snail and let it go. When I saw the snail it was right beside the mouth of the starfish and its stomach was all out around it... but now this afternoon I found everything. Odd.

If you have a reef tank or are planning on a reef you need to get rid of the CC star.. They may eat corals, anemones and inverts..

Corals/Anemone would be WAY down the future. So everything is fine with the CC starfish
- lighting improvents would kill my budget at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom