Aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigboymike

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone, I have just turned 21 and am looking at purchasing myself a cold water aquarium. I would like to know what kind of tank you think I should buy as a starter, that has everything I need. I have about £100 to spend on the aquarium, and also I would like to know what size you would recommend for me as a starter. I have looked at the juwel korall 60 as a tank in my local store. I was wondering is this a good aquarium, or if there are any better ones for the same price or around the same price (£70). Any feedback would be very welcome as I am very enthusiastic in getting my tank started. Thx

Welcome to AA. I honestly haven't heard of that type of tank. I'm gonna assume your not in the states as well (haha). My only advice is gonna be on size, just make sure you don't go to big to start with but enough tank where your not overwhelmed. I started with a 20g long years ago and it was perfect for me. In time you will always want to go bigger, but at first a huge tank might be too much for a beginner.

Get the largest tank you can afford. A large tank will be a more stable environment than a small tank.

What kind of fish would you like to keep? A 60L tank will be sufficient for one fancy goldfish, but that's about it.

I haven't seen any Juwel brand tanks anywhere around me, so I can't really comment on their quality. I looked up that tank and I see that it includes filtration and maybe a heater if you get the right model. I'm a bit suspect of the all-in-one tanks. Some work, many have in adequate filtration.

You'd be best of buying a simple rectangular glass tank and buying the filter and heater separately. You can make sure you have good equipment that way.

Back
Top Bottom