Aquastyle LED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rhino

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am about to pull the trigger and start a 20 long reef. I have been looking over all the lighting options available to me. I considered getting T5HO from Fishneedit, but then I saw some LED DIY's and that got me reconsidering. I found Aquastyle via Google. They seem reasonably priced and I like the lower energy consumption and lower heat of the LED's. Does anyone have Abby experience they can share? Also what kit would I need to get for a 20 long?

Do you have a link? If we can see some specs on the LEDs it will be easier to make suggestions.

Seems to me like they ought to work out ok. They have some decent output in terms of wattage and lumens.

Aquarium 42 watts Dimmable DIY LED kit with optics

I think that would be a sufficient solution if you went with 60 degree optics. 7 White and 7 blue.

It is a bit more because it has a dimmable driver, but I would definitely recommend making a dimmable fixture so you have some control over intensity.

That's the kit I was thinking of. How high above the tank do you think it would have to be/

12"-14" or so would work fine. That ought to give you decent coverage. You wouldn't get full light on the sides, but it would be enough to grow some lower light stuff to the sides, and the higher light stuff to the middle.

You might consider bumping up to the 24 LED kit, especially if you go with dimmable. Better to have too much than not enough... especially since it is only $20 more or so...

Back
Top Bottom