Aquaticlife led .5 watt freshwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tobykourtney

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just bought this light for my 20 gallon tall and I'm a bit disappointed I expected it to be much brighter for the price and with what experience I have with led lights I figured 9 watts would give me more bang for my buck. Does anyone else have any experience with led aquarium lights that could add there input please?

image-1498353348.jpg

I got a truelumen pro for my 90 gallon and when I lit it up over my 20 gallon just to see if it works I was so impressed I got a 24" one for the 20. Soooo much brighter then the t8 it came with. The reason it looks dim is because you have a tall tank so the PARs on the bottom are very low. You can add another strip or sub with a ho t5. Or return it and get the truelumen pro strip, its 16 watts with ho drivers.

I got a truelumen pro for my 90 gallon and when I lit it up over my 20 gallon just to see if it works I was so impressed I got a 24" one for the 20. Soooo much brighter then the t8 it came with. The reason it looks dim is because you have a tall tank so the PARs on the bottom are very low. You can add another strip or sub with a ho t5. Or return it and get the truelumen pro strip, its 16 watts with ho drivers.

I have some led lights that came with the tank when I use them with the aquaticlife led I lose the shimmer effect. I can't win lol

I have some led lights that came with the tank when I use them with the aquaticlife led I lose the shimmer effect. I can't win lol

That sucks. I don't use the hood of mine after I got the strip. The evaporation is a bit higher but its no big deal. And when the water temp goes up I just turn on the ceiling fan and it helps a lot. The shimmering with my strip is beautiful, next time I'm home I can make a short YouTube video.

The light was for my ebjd with the old light I couldn't even see the little guy so I guess it's not that big of a deal. I just need to find a way to make the tank brighter without losing that shimmer besides dropping another 80 bucks on another light :-(

That sucks. I don't use the hood of mine after I got the strip. The evaporation is a bit higher but its no big deal. And when the water temp goes up I just turn on the ceiling fan and it helps a lot. The shimmering with my strip is beautiful, next time I'm home I can make a short YouTube video.

I don't use a hood on my 75 but I have to on the 20 or the trapdoor snails will escape

The light was for my ebjd with the old light I couldn't even see the little guy so I guess it's not that big of a deal. I just need to find a way to make the tank brighter without losing that shimmer besides dropping another 80 bucks on another light :-(

But why spend $ on something you're not pleased with. I'd return it and get the right one.

But why spend $ on something you're not pleased with. I'd return it and get the right one.

Guess so but it's the only led they sell I might just supplement it with a high output light and turn it into a planted tank. I tend to so that a lot lol

You don't buy online?
Usually but the light I bought would have been more expensive to buy online so I decided to go for it. I think the reason it seems dim is because the tank next to it has 2 dual t5ho fixtures lol.

When you crop out the tank next to it it don't look "that" dim. But if you wanna turn it into planted you'll deff need more light, but looks like I don't have to tell you that. ;)
And how do you feel about ebay? I'm an ebay junkie, got my strip new for $60 on it.

When you crop out the tank next to it it don't look "that" dim. But if you wanna turn it into planted you'll deff need more light, looks like I don't have to tell you that. ;)

Yea it'll probably be awhile before I do that anyways I have to swap out the gravel for eco complete and get co2 before I even begin to worry about lighting lol

If you already running co2 on the other tank just get a dual output setup and you don't have to buy another cylinder/regulator

If you already running co2 on the other tank just get a dual output setup and you don't have to buy another cylinder/regulator

I'm doing diy on the 75 and I'm getting pretty good at the mixture and not wasting any. I route it through my canisters. I'd probably just do the same for the 20

Oh then definitely. If you can supply a 75 gallon with a diy it'd be silly to get a cylinder for a 20 gallon.
How do you measure your levels, drop checker?

Oh then definitely. If you can supply a 75 gallon with a diy it'd be silly to get a cylinder for a 20 gallon.
How do you measure your levels, drop checker?

Yea ista drop checker comes with enough solution for 10 months for around 11 dollars

Back
Top Bottom