aquatop canister filters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashleynicole

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am considering purchasing one of these for my 55 gallon freshwater planted tank. I was intrigued by the built in UV filter. I was looking at this one...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004GJ43EK/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1365693107&sr=8-2&pi=SL75

I had previously intended to buy a fluval but wound up getting an AC 70 given to me that iust recently died. (It was old to begin with) I could get replacement parts but they are almost as much as a new filter and hi really want a canister

The fluvals are expensive and I would have to buy a 206 or 306 is the most I can afford. The aquatop I can afford has more gph plus the uv light built in. I just don't know if anyone has any experience with the aquatop and all the reviews on amazon aren't the most reliable.

I really don't have time nor desire to make a DIY. I have 2 kids and work 50-60hrs a week. Something functional and easy to maintain is what I need. I have a nice water changer that makes cleaning my tank quick and easy, low light plants and a very low biolaod... I really just want to buy a filter.

Sometimes my AC70 stops working that's when I know it's time to pot the motor off and clean the impeller and done inside the motor where it sits and it usually works like new

Yeah no, I've owned aquaclear hobs for more than 10 years. This one is about that old and it be dead... lol

Plus I like that fluval and aquaclear are made by the same people so I know I have customer service back up... etc

Omg got the fluval set up this weekend and I am so glad I spent a little more. I can tell it is quality built and the 3 year warranty is awesome. This thing packs a punch. It's my first canister filter and Its like a river in my tank but the fish I have all seem to love it. Wish I had a way to distribute the outflow a little though. I don't want to reduce the flow because that reduces gph of filtration.

Back
Top Bottom