Aquatop CF500uv Cansiter filter Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coalcut

Aquarium Advice Activist
For those of you who use Aquatop CF filters: When you unplug or power is lost to your filter (power outage etc.), does it automaticly resume working when power is restored, or do you have to prime it again? If you don't know try upluging your filter and plug it back in again. Let me know what happens. Just wanted to know if it was just me. My filter never resumes functioning and I always have to prime it again / impeller makes lots of noise (which takes a while as I've discussed in a previous thread).

Let me know, Thanks.

I have 3 proaqua/sunsun filters (exactly the same as aquatop) and they resume functioning as normal after loss of power. That's one of the reasons why I prefer them over HOBs. They don't need priming if the power goes out.

Ummm, maybe an air lock or the impeller is out of whack. Do the hoses stay full or do they drain when the powers off? Maybe there is an air leak in the plastic pipes? Is it under the tank or the same level?

The impeller and it's components look good (the unit is only about 5-6 month old). All the cables seem to be air tight. I've heard about people placing glue on them but I don't know if I want to do that. Only other thing is that my intake tube is longer due to the filter being on the side of my stand (the doors of my stand are too small for the filter to fit in). Maybe I can swap the intake to the side of the tank that's closer to the filter (and swap tubes as well) then see if that helps.

Take a look at the pic. As you can see the inlet tube running behind that tank to the filter on the left side.

Attachments

• 115g Tank.jpg
    115g Tank.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 124
Back
Top Bottom