Aquatop submersible heater installation question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wylgamez

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi good people out there!

Since Chicago started giving us the gift of coldness this month, I replaced an old heater today with a new one and I think I messed it up already due to NOT reading all the instructions. It's an Aquatop 200-watt submersible heater for my 20 tall fs tank. I plugged it in without waiting the 15 minutes it says I must wait. I realized it 10 minutes after plugging and decided to unplug and wait for those 15 minutes of acclimation. It's ON now but it has turned OFF a few times. Is that normal? Did I just ruined this brand new heater? My old one used to do the same thing until it died, but that one was used so not sure if it reached its lifespan. Also I'm not sure how submersed it should go, line in heater doesn't follow diagram in the instructions. Like the pictures show (well at least that was the intention hehe) the water level is below the rubber top, is that fine?

Well any suggestion is welcome.. Temp in water was originally 65 and raising, after half an hour it's in 68. I assume it's working since the fish are going less mad at me. :D

Thanks!!

Attachments

• image-2626958412.jpg
    image-2626958412.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 115
  • image-2277004368.jpg
    image-2277004368.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 81
  • image-1748566398.jpg
    image-1748566398.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 126
  • image-2556049655.jpg
    image-2556049655.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 99
I believe that is a fully submersible heater, so the line indicating water level would be a minimum, not a maximum. As to the acclimation period, I might check it for cracks or leaks. Otherwise, keep an eye on the temp. If all is well after a few hours, I wouldn't worry about it.

I believe that is a fully submersible heater, so the line indicating water level would be a minimum, not a maximum. As to the acclimation period, I might check it for cracks or leaks. Otherwise, keep an eye on the temp. If all is well after a few hours, I wouldn't worry about it.

That's correct, for fully submersible heaters, the line is a minimum level.

Awesome! This was helpful. Thanks a lot. Temp is higher and true to what the heater setting says.

Back
Top Bottom