aque clear power filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bluefishr88

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has any one here use AC HOB filters . thinking about getting two for my new 55 gal. Would like to hear what yall think of this kind of filters, or what yall would use on a 55gal .

Jim

AC50 is a great filter 2 of those or AC70 would work. I'd also recommend the Fluval 305, it's a great canister. Just depends on how much you want to spend I guess.

I use ACs on four of my tanks and I love them. The huge media capacity and cartridgeless design are great. For a 55g, I'd strongly recommend the AC110. I've got one on my 40B and it does an awesome job without turning the tank into a vortex. If you want two filters, a pair of AC70s or an AC70 and AC50 combo would do well.

I have an AC70 on a 40b, and so far have nothing bad to say. There is a waterfall sound, the lower the water level, the louder it gets, however if water level is kept up, they are almost silent. I hear no motor/impellor noise at all, and my tank is located in the main living area of my home. I really like that I can mix and match the media to the specific needs of my tank.

I have an AC 110 running alongside an Aqueon QuietFlow 55 -- it sounds overkill, but this is for a 60 gallon goldfish tank that doesn't see that many water changes and is taking into consideration the type of fish being kept. Thus, there is no such thing as too much filtration. :)

My 100 sometimes "chokes" a bit and "throws" the water from the return fall into the tank in a choppy way -- but other than that, it has been a silent workhorse, and considering the powerful motor in this thing I am so surprised at how quiet it is especially compared to my Aqueon, which makes a racket...

Funny I came across this thread; I was going to just start a new one about my 110's media maintenance...:dance:

It wouldn't be much of an lfs with only 13 tanks. I do breed and sell a few fish, but not enough to do more than support the hobby. I have more empty ones on hand, but 13 take up enough time and effort to maintain properly.

It wouldn't be much of an lfs with only 13 tanks. I do breed and sell a few fish, but not enough to do more than support the hobby. I have more empty ones on hand, but 13 take up enough time and effort to maintain properly.

Well, it could be enough for an LFS if it were a very small operation; I've seen them. ;)

Wow -- I cannot imagine caring for and maintaining 13 fish tanks -- that's insane to me, personally. But I have a hard time keeping up with one.

There's no way they can drain the tank unless the media is too close to the top, and the basket that holds the sponge block would prevent it from getting that far.

Back
Top Bottom