Aqueon 30 Filter Clogging

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gplundberg

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,

All the bacteria on the bio part of this filter is clogging it. I need to get rid of it but how?

Are you talking about the ceramic rings? You can empty them into a bucket with some old tank water and swish them around to rinse them off. If it is the filter cartridge than do the same thing and smack it against the sides of the bucket and swish in the water to clean out all the old gunk.

No it's the bio holster near the output of the filter that has all the bacteria

Swish the bio part of the filter in a bucket of tank water until it's clean. Don't clean it under tap water. The white bag part can be cleaned in the sink, I use the spray head part myself. I've never had a tank crash doing this and I have a few filters like this (until I can replace them all)

I have that same brand of filter, just a smaller size. I just take the plastic grid thing out and clean it in some tank water when I do a water change. If the holes are plugged just take a q-tip or something that will fit in them and clean the holes out. As long as you use treated water and not faucet water the bacteria will be fine. That build up is algae and waste not beneficial bacteria for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom