Aqueon 40g breeder tank question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishN00b83

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just bought a Aqueon 40g breeder tank not knowing about bracing or anything like that. I noticed that this tank does not have any braces on it at all, should I be concerned? I read one post on an other forum where someone was saying that the glass was bowing. Was this just a freak incident, or should I be thinking about this?

I think he means a center brace that connects the front to the back. If that is the case, it does not come with one.

My bad... misinterpreted. Yeah, 40 breeders don't have center braces. I've never seen a tank shorter than 4' have one actually... though I'm sure it's possible. I have two 40 breeders and don't have any bowing at all, I just checked with a straight edge. My 10's do though.. weird how that is.

Not trying to go off-topic here, but what is a center brace? I'm not sure what it is and I'm just making sure because I have a 40 breeder and want to make sure nothing is wrong with it...

Back
Top Bottom