Aqueon 50 ft water changer question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sparker24

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am looking into purchasing an 50 ft Aqueon water changer. I am wondering if the suction will be compromised by the length of the tubing. Has anyone had issues with the 50 ft?
I am open to suggestions on a DIY or other options/ideas as long as it accomplishes the same task as the water changer. I would like to eliminate "the bucket" from my water changes (removing and filling water).

Thanks for your help and time!

I never use it to do a complete water change. You really are wasting alot of water by using it to remove the quantity of water that you want.

I use it for cleaning and filling only. Then finish taking the rest of the water using a short tube and a bucket.

One thing some other people do is remove the ending and install a pump to pump water out to the sink

But no, you would lost suction because once it started, it keeps going, unless the tube is going up alot.

I have the 25 foot and it really makes things easier. I run the water in the sink only long enough to fill the hose and start the siphon and then shut faucet off and let it just siphon on it's own , obviously a little slower that way but I use that time to do other things while it drains, then flip it on and slowly refill. For me it was a worthwhile investment.

One thing some other people do is remove the ending and install a pump to pump water out to the sink

Is there a link further explaining this?

I use python and it indeed wastes a lot of water. I was thinking using something electrical.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom