Aqueon 55/75 Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wolfsblood

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just picked up one of these as supplemental filtration for my 55 gallon cichlid tank. I had an Aqueon quiet flow 10 on one of my first tanks. It worked really well for me and was absolutely silent. I got the 55/75 version because it is quite a bargain. $35 for 400 gph of mechanical filtration. The filter itself is much like the smaller versions. It uses two large size catridges which aren't terribly expensive if you are using them properly. The main issue with this filter is that it is far from quiet. The motor itself isn't bad it is the water being drawn into the filter body that is the problem for me. Water splashes into the body and it makes as much noise as a HOB that is 4 inches about the water line. I am hoping that this goes away once the flow is more restricted through the catridges raising the water level inside the body. Does anyone have experience with this filter and know of anyway to quiet down the insane amount of water splashing noise?

Well it aggravated me enough to try something out. I stuck cut up pieces of biofloss into the baffles and it fixed it. I am now satisfied with my purchase.

Back
Top Bottom