Aqueon 55 HOB sucks....Too much noise.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wenty

Aquarium Advice Regular
This thing makes too much noise so it's getting the dump when my tank is cycled. It bubbles the water too much as it's pumped in and makes too much water sound. :-? Plus the motor vibrates to much. :silly:

I have a Eheim 2213 and AquaClear 70 also running on it. The AquaClear isn't that bad so I can live with that HOB.

The tank is in my bedroom so it's nice to have it a little bit quieter. :)

Was thinking of getting another 2213 and having no HOB's on the tank. The canisters are so much better I think. :cool:

yep, i like canisters better too... believe it or not, those aqua-tech 30-60's from walmart are extremely quiet filters.. i have two on my 55 and only hear the water falling when the level gets a little low

yep, i like canisters better too... believe it or not, those aqua-tech 30-60's from walmart are extremely quiet filters.. i have two on my 55 and only hear the water falling when the level gets a little low

I agree. :cool:

So is that a 4440 or a 4430 in your avatar?

Here's our old 4430 from the late 70's. :cool: Best tractor we had on the farm.... Me liked tractors when I was little boy.

picture189.jpg

its a 4440 i think... at least if i remember right... we quit buying new john deeres when they started making plastic everything... kubota is all we buy now... and occasionally a case ;)

Well I'm going to buy another 2213 canister because I hate the vibration from the HOB's.

My one 2213 is so quiet..... I'm in bed now and I decided to dump the HOB filters the noise is getting to me. :-?

I have an older Whisper 10-20 filter on my betta tank in my room and it NEVER makes noise. I can't even hear it, unless the water level gets low. then I hear running water. The Marineland's in the front room are really quiet too.

I remember an Aqueon HOB coming with my 55 gallon when I first got it. I had my tank set up close to where I sleep and it was awful at night. I ended up getting some filter floss and just stuffing it inside of the filter to disrupt most of the splashing noise it was making, and that kept things quiet enough for me to sleep until I got my canister filters.

take it off then. the only sound i hear from my aq hobs is the water falling back into the tank. you should be fine with the aquaclear and the canister. if you do go with just canisters i would get the next size up eheim.

Back
Top Bottom