Aqueon aquariums any good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saradomin

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just to make sure that I am not making a regretful purchase, I would like to know if Aqueon aquariums are good in terms of quality. I will be purchasing a 125 gallon.

Slightly off topic, is there a brand that's better than Marineland and Aqueon for aquariums?

My 75 is an Aqueon. So far I don't have any issues with it but its only about 6 months old.

Aqueon makes decent tanks.

As far as mass produced glass tanks in the US there are really only two choices left.

Marineland/Perfecto/Tetra and Aqueon/AllGlass.

While there are definitely some other, smaller manufactures such as DSA, AP, GC, etc I think you will find that most people have tanks from one of the above two manufactures.

Is there anything that you guys don't like about the tanks?

My Aqueon bowfront is a pretty tank, I like the tank quite a lot, it is about 7 years old and I would buy another one. The black caulking looks good. I like the filter in a sand substrate tank.

Is it LED or fluorescent?

I personally don't like tanks with black silicone. That is just a personal preference though.

I personally don't like tanks with black silicone. That is just a personal preference though.

My marineland has black silicone, it doesn't bother me so much, the black sand probably helps though, I'm sure I'd hate it with pfs and such.. I've found the workmanship on tetra tanks is pretty bad, glass is thin, silicone is sloppy. The aqueon seem to be the best offered by big box stores. Look solid, clean lines, rims are a little beefier but that's OK for a larger tank imo. Is you want something special check out ada or the marineland rimless cubes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I should be able to fit my Aqua clear 110 filters on my Aqueon 125 right?

My marineland has black silicone, it doesn't bother me so much, the black sand probably helps though, I'm sure I'd hate it with pfs and such.. I've found the workmanship on tetra tanks is pretty bad, glass is thin, silicone is sloppy. The aqueon seem to be the best offered by big box stores. Look solid, clean lines, rims are a little beefier but that's OK for a larger tank imo. Is you want something special check out ada or the marineland rimless cubes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

that's what I look for, are the seams clean and consistent or do they look as though they where slopped on with a spatula, the panels line up properly (saw a Marineland tank at Petco that the front panel was almost 1/4" off diagonally from one side to the other)
so far Aqeon has had the best looking tanks in terms of craftsmanship/quality for what is available in most lfs.

Back
Top Bottom