Aqueon Colormax Bulb Kelvin rating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coursair

Aquarium Advice Addict
For those who may have wondered about specs, I wrote the company.
Their reply :

"Although it does not look like it due to the amount of red spectrum in the bulb, but the Colormax bulb is in the range of 8000K according to the Plankian Locus (Kelvin graph).
They were not designed that way as we just designed them to enhance the colors of fish so there was never a Kelvin rating advertised. It wasn’t until a number of years later was there a Kelvin test done on the bulb.

Regards,

Rob Moneyhan
Central Aquatics Tech Lead
Kent Marine, Coralife, Aqueon, Oceanic, Zilla"

There ya go ;)

I highly doubt that. My friend has the 29 G Aqueon kit and the bulb that came with it was a 8000k Full Spectrum Daylight. He wanted a better light and got the ColorMax, it made the tank very dim. It had a pink-ish hue.

FreshObsessed said:
I highly doubt that. My friend has the 29 G Aqueon kit and the bulb that came with it was a 8000k Full Spectrum Daylight. He wanted a better light and got the ColorMax, it made the tank very dim. It had a pink-ish hue.

If you read the response he mentions it is very Red (pink). I'm not suggesting anyone use this bulb, just publishing what the company told me.

I use 6,500K lights mostly.

If you read the response he mentions it is very Red (pink). I'm not suggesting anyone use this bulb, just publishing what the company told me.

I use 6,500K lights mostly.
I was just putting in my 2 cents. Didn't accuse you of telling people to buy the bulb; I was just surprised to read, with that color, that it was a 8000k.

I prefer 6500 as well. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom