Aqueon filter not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dubs1281

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I know aqueon is known to be a high quality company but why do my filters keep breaking? They just shut off sometimes. I have to unplug it take it apart, put it back together and it works again for another 36 hours. Repeat. This is the second filter this has happened. Do I just have awful luck? Am I doing anything wrong? Please help.

I know aqueon is known to be a high quality company but why do my filters keep breaking? They just shut off sometimes. I have to unplug it take it apart, put it back together and it works again for another 36 hours. Repeat. This is the second filter this has happened. Do I just have awful luck? Am I doing anything wrong? Please help.

I think you just got a faulty one. Take it bake wherever you got it and they can replace it. If you got it at petsmart, we have an awesome return policy so just bring it back for a replacement

But this is the second time it happened, I tried using filter floss for the first one and I thought that's what broke it idk why though. I did get it at petsmart, but am thinking of getting a canister. Do I have to drill for that?

But this is the second time it happened, I tried using filter floss for the first one and I thought that's what broke it idk why though. I did get it at petsmart, but am thinking of getting a canister. Do I have to drill for that?

Drill the tank? No
Canisters are better. Just take it back and tell them its broke. Ask for store credit or your money back if you have a receipt. Look aroung. They sell some decent ones

Ik canisters are great but are pricey and idk how to use them. I have only been in the hobby for a couple of months.

Are you cleaning the inside part where the impeller is?

Check and make sure all of the internal areas are wiped clean, like using a q-tip for the crevices where the impeller runs, I have had a bone from a dead fish get stuck in there and had to clean it out.

Also you can check to see that all the connections are firmly put together as sometimes air can get sucked up and it will not function properly.

I have had great use with mine, I am sorry you are having problems.

I do have a Fluval FX-5 canister for my 72G and it was strange to get used to it but awesome, no drilling... it has tubes which hang over the back into and out of the tank and you can store the unit behind or inside of the stand.

Are you cleaning the inside part where the impeller is?

Check and make sure all of the internal areas are wiped clean, like using a q-tip for the crevices where the impeller runs, I have had a bone from a dead fish get stuck in there and had to clean it out.

Also you can check to see that all the connections are firmly put together as sometimes air can get sucked up and it will not function properly.

I have had great use with mine, I am sorry you are having problems.

I do have a Fluval FX-5 canister for my 72G and it was strange to get used to it but awesome, no drilling... it has tubes which hang over the back into and out of the tank and you can store the unit behind or inside of the stand.

I don't clean it. I literally take off the pump and the part that snaps off that, put it back together and it works great. Its so frustrating. How much does your fx-5 cost, plus filter media if you dont mind me asking.

I don't clean it. I literally take off the pump and the part that snaps off that, put it back together and it works great. Its so frustrating. How much does your fx-5 cost, plus filter media if you dont mind me asking.

To be honest, I can check tomorrow because its 1:16 a.m. here. I work tomorrow and will be more than happy to give you an estimate

Just looked at it on Amazon. Its about $320 dollars. Im 15. Thats about 50 hours for me at work and I can barely fit in 15 a week. I am looking for good quality, but not something to shatter my college fund in a day. I am looking for something $0-$100. Any ideas?

55 gallon, african cichild

Id go with the XP L. Its does 350gph which is plenty depending on how many fish you habe. Petsmart sells it and they can price match. Just take your phone in the store and scan the barcode of what you like and then show them the price and booooom! Cheap filter with "in your hands" shipping

Here you go. At petsmart
http://m.petsmart.com/mt/www.petsmart.com/product/action/addToCart.jsp

Its way cheaper online. Do the price match and show them. We do it at my store daily

FX-5 came with a complete set up I purchased off CL, so I was very lucky, 72G oceanic bowfront w/matching stand and all the decos, sand and fx5 Aqueon water changer, chemicals, foods, etc., like new, for $200! Very lucky! :dance:

If you clean the gunk out of where the impeller is, you can use a tweezer to get the impeller out if it, if it is hard to get out, it probably will work fine. Q-tip out the sludge!

You can add a second filter pad in there and build up double the BB.

FX-5 came with a complete set up I purchased off CL, so I was very lucky, 72G oceanic bowfront w/matching stand and all the decos, sand and fx5 Aqueon water changer, chemicals, foods, etc., like new, for $200! Very lucky! :dance:

Wow! Very lucky

Yeah, that was my max budget for a 46G Bowfront setup and I got a much better equipped 72G...though I was looking for a long time! :D

This guy came to petsmart a few days ago and spent 750 $ for a full 46g bowfront setup. Fish filters decore gravel and ALL. He came back 2 hours later and spent 160 $ and came back the next day and spent another 200 $ all for a bowfront

This guy came to petsmart a few days ago and spent 750 $ for a full 46g bowfront setup. Fish filters decore gravel and ALL. He came back 2 hours later and spent 160 $ and came back the next day and spent another 200 $ all for a bowfront

WOWWWWWWWWeeeeeee! :eek: That is the kind of customer you want and me too so I can buy it when his fish die and he doesn't want it anymore!!! Great to know about the price matching too btw!

Dubs, used filters will work well too just clean and use new pads.

If your looking for a good hob filter I would recommend the fluval C4. I think petsmart has it for under 60 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom