Aqueon Heater Knocking Noises

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lardeelion

Aquarium Advice Freak
My Aqueon submersible heater was fine for a few months, and then I moved it to the other side of the tank. It's started making a knocking noise when it comes on. At first I thought it was the tank cracking - I had a 55 gallon tank explode once so I nearly soiled myself when I first heard it. Anybody had this problem with Aqueon heaters?

These heaters are exactly the same design that the old marineland Stealth heaters were If they develope a leak to the inside the water will become super heated, create pressure and explode. The noises you are hearing might be caused from water getting inside the heater.

foster53 said:
These heaters are exactly the same design that the old marineland Stealth heaters were If they develope a leak to the inside the water will become super heated, create pressure and explode. The noises you are hearing might be caused from water getting inside the heater.

That sounds terrible.... I'm taking mine out and checking it right now.

I have one in a small tank with no fish in it as a test tank. If it does go at least nothing dies. A cement floor and a floor drain takes care of the mess.LOL

Yeah I have an aqueon and it is definitely making a clicking noise. I was freaking out because I thought I had a Mantis and was pretty close to tearing my tank apart and then I saw this thread. Haha. Just got this heater like 2 months ago what a POS. gonna try and bring it back.

I use glass tube heaters. I can see if any moisture is getting inside. Marineland seems to be a decent heater. Fairly accurate, and they are pretty reliable, and reasonably priced.

I didn't intend to cause a panic, or knock a product.:oops: Just a heads up that there COULD be an issue. Since they are the same basic design as the Stealth Pros were, there is a possibility. The Aquoens are built under better quality standards. I have had the Aqueon heater in a fishless small tank for a long time with no issues.

foster53 said:
I didn't intend to cause a panic, or knock a product.:oops: Just a heads up that there COULD be an issue. Since they are the same basic design as the Stealth Pros were, there is a possibility. The Aquoens are built under better quality standards. I have had the Aqueon heater in a fishless small tank for a long time with no issues.

Hey, better safe than sorry. Ever since my 55-gallon blew, I've been extra cautious. Appreciate it!

I had the same issue with mine and the proublem was where the cups were attached to the heater they need to be on the lable not below.

Back
Top Bottom