Aqueon heater vs marineland?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeathclawRowe1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok I have both a marineland heater and a aqueon. The marineland heater doesn't seem to work as hard as the aqueon. But I've heard the marineland is better quality and that the aqueon won't last very long. In your opinions which ones do you like? I need to buy another one but I don't want to buy a unit that ill fail in a year and I would like to know everyone's opinion on these two products.

I'm very happy with my Aqueon Pros. I have two, a 100 Watt and a 150 Watt. The only complaint is that the temperature markings are a little imprecise. However, I've never gone with the markings but set my temp using a thermometer. In fact my old cheapie heater had no markings. The Aqueon Pros are the ones with the aluminum core and the plastic shell. They turn off automatically if they are out of water. They also have a red/green LED. The red indicates heating and the green indicates the temperature has been reached. It is very easy to see if your heater is plugged in and operable because of the LED. They have a great reputation and a great guarantee, though I've never had to use it. I have no idea about the non-pro models. They are the same brand, but definitely not the same heater.

+1 for the aqueon pros

Mine has been running flawlessly for about a year and a half now with no problems. They're nearly indestructible because they're made of plastic instead of glass.

I like the plastic over the glass because as long as it won't melt the plastic I could probably put it in my filter. And the adjustable temp is nice cuz this ill be in a betta tank. And I like the auto turn off. Ill probably go with the pros then :) I've only had the regular glass ones.

Back
Top Bottom