Aqueon or Python water changer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eAts

Aquarium Advice Activist
Those of you that use either the Aqueon or Python water changer, during a regular water change, do you fill the tank directly from the tap? Do you condition the water in the tank, both before the tap water is added then after the tank is refilled? I'm just wondering the best way to go about this, but was hoping to not have to deal with the buckets of water. Thanks, Let me know of your experiences with either of these products.

I turn the water on and mix hot and cold until I get the right temp, as close to the tank as possible.

Then I flip the valve and start filling the tank.

As the water is filling from the tap, I put a capful of Prime in the tank (I have a 55 tank and a 29 gallon tank) one capful treats 50 gallons. Minor overdosing on the 29 but Prime says that is perfectly safe.

eAts said:
Those of you that use either the Aqueon or Python water changer, during a regular water change, do you fill the tank directly from the tap? Do you condition the water in the tank, both before the tap water is added then after the tank is refilled? I'm just wondering the best way to go about this, but was hoping to not have to deal with the buckets of water. Thanks, Let me know of your experiences with either of these products.

I add Prime to the tank as I'm filling it back up. This way the fresh water coming into the tank can mix it all up.

Alright, Thanks for the responses. I searched earlier didn't find an answer, then searched again right after posting and sure enough, find it. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom