Aqueon overflow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrisbraz

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just bought a predrilled tank that had aqueon megaflow overflows installed. Is there a trick to this things? I've never had a drilled tank with overflows so I'm a lot lost lol. Appreciate the helps peeps!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well I havent tried it yet, actually I'm going to fill up the tank tomorrow. I just wanted to get an idea how to get the siphon going if there are steps to be taken or something special to do, I'm very lost at this point lol.

There is no siphon in this setup. Since it is drilled, gravity takes over. That is the true benefit of a drilled tank. A good pump and a ball valve if the pump is too,strong are the only issues in the very beginning. Oops double post

A good pump and a ball valve in the pvc on the way if the pump is too strong is about it. Then the level of the overflow with tiny adjustments comes later. Siphon is automatic with gravity. The benefit of a drilled tank

Awesome! I really appreciate this, i noticed that the drains raise and lower I'm assuming the tweaks come into play there? What's the main reason for the adjustment?

Yes I see the gurgling your talking about now, especially the side that has the longer drain line to the sump

My drain gets really noisy is there is ANY uphill section heading to the sump. The hose needs to be somewhat downhill all the way for me to keep it quiet.

Yea one of my drains does run kinda uphill and a lot of noise is coming from that. The plumbing that came with the sump is a clear tubing not PVC and also I think I may have the fittings to tight because it has a drip coming from both bulkheads from that side. It's very evident that this is my first drilled tank lol. I wish I could just do PVC but I've heard your not suppose to use the threads on the bulkhead for PVC

Back
Top Bottom