Aqueon quiet flow 20?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

5gallontank

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so a few days ago i had a choice between the marineland penguin biowheel 100 or the aqueon quiet flow 20. I went with the aqueon and i am wondering if i made the rite choice. Let me know whAt u guys think of it. I have heard that when the cartridge gets clogged water pours over the sides and back into the tank making it useless. Thanks for any info.

What was bad about yours cuz mine has been working fine and made the tank clean in abot 5 mins

It's got a weak flow, and it never picks up any of the crap in my tank. It's a newbies filter. I'll never go back.

Do u think its fine for my 10 gallon tank. Because the ac filters look very cheaply made and im stuck with the filter for now anyway. Did u get any thing where the water would over flow over the cartridge?

5gallontank said:
Do u think its fine for my 10 gallon tank. Because the ac filters look very cheaply made and im stuck with the filter for now anyway. Did u get any thing where the water would over flow over the cartridge?

It's a piece of junk. Water spilled over my cartridge and onto floor all the time. The AC filters are premium quality and are the best filters IMO. You get options for cartridges, and can customize what you want your filter to have in it. It's an excellent filter that is in no way cheaply made.

How much would a ac filter for a 10 gallon be? (btw i use filters that are at least 100 gph for my tank) and the ac are the ones you can see thru rte?

I never buy filters rated for the size tank. I always go with 3 times the filter strength for the most efficiency. You will definitely need this based on your current tank stocking. The AC 30 is 33 dollars, and comes with bio-max, carbon, and a sponge pad. All I use Is the bio-max and the sponge pad, as the carbon does more harm then good. And yes, the AC's are the see through ones. I like this, because you can see when it's time to change the media, and if you have a background, it will keep it hidden from others.

I have the Aqueon 30 on my 20 gallon tank and I have no problems with it. It works well, strong current, no overflowing.

I have the aqueon 20 on my 10 gallon, but I don't use their cartridges (hate them). I use it with the aqua clear filter media (sponge and bio) I skip the carbon entirely.
I do use an actual aqua clear on my 29 gal community for the flow adjustments.

Back
Top Bottom