Aqueon Quiet Flow 50

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think you can unless you try and add some filter floss or maybe a sponge behind the filter cartridge. Even then you may just end up overflowing and bypassing the filter altogether. I started off with an Aqeuon Quiet Flow and ended up tossing it and getting an Aquaclear instead. So much better for building up your beneficial bacteria. Plus it has an adjustable flow rate.

You really can't adjust flow, if it's to strong you can use a bottle baffle to redirect flow. Google has good info on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you haven't opened it yet, you should at least try. If they will not allow the exchange, then try a baffle like brookster suggested. I know there's a few threads in the DIY section on how to make one.

Its running, that's how I found out I wasn't a fan. Shoot. Well I will read about the baffle project then. Thanks :)

I have that filter and there are several ways to slow down the water flow. You can add a prefilter sponge on the intake pipe. The thicker the sponge the slower it intakes water and the slower the out flow. You can also add a piece of sponge in front of were the water enters the filter on its way to the filter media. There is a hole inside the filter housing right above where the intake pipe is. Just cut a piece of sponge to fit in there and it will slow down the water. It is easy to baffle the outflow too. Just cut a strip of plastic canvas, sold in craft stores, and attach suction cups to each side. make a circle around the outflow.
Works great.

Back
Top Bottom