Aqueon Water Changer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian086

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi. Anyone know the dimensions of the hose needed for the Aqueon Water Changer. I plan on using a garden hose for it. Just need the dimensions. Thanks, Ian

Normally 5/8" diameter. Be careful with the garden hose though because they can have anti-mildew coatings which is dangerous to fish

Normally 5/8" diameter. Be careful with the garden hose though because they can have anti-mildew coatings which is dangerous to fish
I didn't think of that!!. The reason i'm using the hose is, i'm getting it shipped from the US and the postage was crazy, so just ordered the parts and figured i'd get my own hose. This what the description says;
Garden Hose - Description

• Length: 15m (49ft Approx)
  • Diameter: 12.5mm (1/2 Inch)
  • Bursting Pressure: 21 bar / 304psi
  • Material: Reinforced Polyester Fibre
  • 3 Ply Construction for Extra Strength
  • Anti UV: Yes
  • Cadmium Free: Yes
  • Barium Free: Yes
  • Re-inforced: Yes
?????????

if you can fine some 5/8 inch vinyl hose i think that would work better because of how the hose hooks up to the barb fittings on the aqueon water changer, not sure if a garden hose would fit/stay tight enough to not leak

most hardware stores carry vinyl hosing

if you can fine some 5/8 inch vinyl hose i think that would work better because of how the hose hooks up to the barb fittings on the aqueon water changer, not sure if a garden hose would fit/stay tight enough to not leak

most hardware stores carry vinyl hosing
Thanks Army, i will have a good look tonight....

Back
Top Bottom