Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian086 View Post
Link not showing
http://www.amazon.com/Marineland-NJ1.../dp/B0019IQKJW

Old 11-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

294 GPHi s a very slow pump if you have a big aquarium. Do you guys live an apt. where you cant drain it outside? If not, just drain the water the lawn or outside and when done use it to fill the aquarium.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:17 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare View Post
294 GPHi s a very slow pump if you have a big aquarium. Do you guys live an apt. where you cant drain it outside? If not, just drain the water the lawn or outside and when done use it to fill the aquarium.

Have you try to start a siphon on a 50 hose!?! Its not going to happen with lung power thats for sure. Lol The pump is to increase flow over long distance. Changing the Discharge point to ground lvl (3ft) would change the flow rate much in that length of hose.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:34 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I have the same water changer.Mine works. Just fine make sure you have the rubber gasket on where the hose connects to the sink adapter and that all the adapter parts are tight.If it still doesn't work take it back.The sink adapter is just a copy of a water bed filler emptier except a water hose was used for the beds instead of the clear vinyl hose.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishfriend View Post
Have you try to start a siphon on a 50 hose!?! Its not going to happen with lung power thats for sure. Lol The pump is to increase flow over long distance. Changing the Discharge point to ground lvl (3ft) would change the flow rate much in that length of hose.
Who said to siphon using lung power? I stated that the pump is a very slow pump- even mines @ 400GPH is slow. It was to change the pump to one that pumping more water flow. Unless you dont mind the slow pump. I switch it around at time.

Sometimes I do it like this;
Tank maintanance and how I do it

Other times I start a siphon the 50ft waterhose. Point is if you have low water pressure you will be wasting water like crazy and be there forever. Water pressure is very not strong and at the same time I can water the plants and lawn. If you live in apt. I understand that this might not be an option.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

I thought you meant to gravity siphon it. Sry I misunderstood. Now that my brain is working again. Thats a great idea

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com