Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-02-2015, 04:58 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well UPS dropped of the Aqueon extension hose earlier. It is a slightly smaller inside and outside diameter than the hose that comes with the water changer. I heated it some with hot water to get it on the brass coupler and the vacuum pump. It works great now! Did water changes in three tanks and it went well. I should of bought factory stuff to begin with, sometimes it doesn't pay to be cheap.

Old 01-03-2015, 12:14 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
When refilling the tank directly, most add prime/safe directly to the tank immediately before refilling. Some add gradually during refill. Treat for entire tank volume.
I didn't know it worked that fast. That's good that you can do that I think I will get one of these then sense I just started a bigger aquarium...do you have any advice on how to regulate the temp of the water you are refilling it with though?

Old 01-03-2015, 11:22 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat View Post
I didn't know it worked that fast. That's good that you can do that I think I will get one of these then sense I just started a bigger aquarium...do you have any advice on how to regulate the temp of the water you are refilling it with though?
I let the water come out the bottom of the aqueon faucet pump and measure the temp with a cheap digital thermometer. Jut place the probe in the water stream and adjust.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:30 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I decided to "go cheap" and bought 10' of tubing and a connector instead of the "factory extension". 1st pass - fail! Came apart and was able to shut off the water supply before too much damage (hey, the hardwood was dirty from all the snow so it needed a good cleaning! LoL).

Put on another connector and works perfectly. Total cost <$10. But it's a pain wrapping up 30' of hose.

Re temp - I run water through the hose and put water in a small cup, then use my tank thermometer to get it close to tank temp.

And after I siphon off the desired amount of water out of the tank I always go back and run water into the sink to make sure I flush all the tank water that is in the hose, otherwise you're just putting all that back into the tank

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Tags
aqueon, ate, change, water, water change

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com