Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-31-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Aqueon Water Changer Adapter

Hi, I made the stupid mistake of tightening my plastic Aqueon faucet adapter too tight to the faucet. Now to remove it, I am going to ruin the threads. I know there is an 'official' aqueon metal adapter available. I have read of people going to their hardware store and getting the metal adapter fairly cheap. For me to purchase the 'official' adapter and ship it from the US is almost as expensive as the whole changer, which I also shipped from the US???. Anyway can anyone please send me a link to a site or if they bought it from Ebay/Amazon, a link to the page, I would be very grateful. I tried ALL the hardware stores in my town and online and can't seem to find one that fits. Apparently the US threads(on the adapter!!) are very slightly different...
The plastic adapter that comes with the aqueon fits my faucet perfectly, so I just need a metal version of the plastic one...
PS... I tried Home Depot online, they don't deliver internationally

Old 05-31-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Is it still on? I had that happened to me a few times but if you look at the bottom you can put the end of the spoon and unscrew it for now. Really, anything the fits at the bottom of it. Trust me it works

Old 05-31-2013, 09:00 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare View Post
Is it still on? I had that happened to me a few times but if you look at the bottom you can put the end of the spoon and unscrew it for now. Really, anything the fits at the bottom of it. Trust me it works
Cheers Rare. I tried that earlier and can't get it to budge. I ended up wrecking the thread underneath. Not having a good day!!. If I try and loosen the faucet adapter with a spanner, I am going to ruin the threads for sure. I found the brass adapter for the python. It looks similar size to the aqueon brass adapter but 1/3 the price, for me anyway. Do you think it would fit the aqueon???.
Python Brass Faucet Adaptor Adapter Free Shipping to The USA | eBay
Old 05-31-2013, 10:43 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian086 View Post
Hi, I made the stupid mistake of tightening my plastic Aqueon faucet adapter too tight to the faucet. Now to remove it, I am going to ruin the threads. I know there is an 'official' aqueon metal adapter available. I have read of people going to their hardware store and getting the metal adapter fairly cheap. For me to purchase the 'official' adapter and ship it from the US is almost as expensive as the whole changer, which I also shipped from the US???. Anyway can anyone please send me a link to a site or if they bought it from Ebay/Amazon, a link to the page, I would be very grateful. I tried ALL the hardware stores in my town and online and can't seem to find one that fits. Apparently the US threads(on the adapter!!) are very slightly different...
The plastic adapter that comes with the aqueon fits my faucet perfectly, so I just need a metal version of the plastic one...
PS... I tried Home Depot online, they don't deliver internationally
Literally same thing I did ! Why is there no squared off piece for players to grab to instead of just threads design flaw
Old 05-31-2013, 10:56 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sorry to say that I did not know if it will fit....
Old 05-31-2013, 11:04 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare View Post
Sorry to say that I did not know if it will fit....
I think I might have found a solution. The top piece goes into the faucet, then the middle piece goes into the faucet adapter, then that piece goes into the main piece. Sorry if I'm not painting a good picture but I'll post a picture tomorrow, if it works... Fingers crossed it does

Tags
aqueon, water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com