Aqueon Water Changer flow issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gravity is what makes gravel vacs suck out water without power. If you don't have somewhere to drain water into that's below water level and near the tank, then you're out of luck. The closest drain below my tank is in my bathroom, and it's far enough away that I can't get much suction with it.

The distance from tank to drain shouldn't affect the speed of flow

It's very rare that a tanks water line is below a place to drain water via gravity unless you tank is on the floor

If you have the move up and down type of gravel cleaner the starts the syphon then you have no need to suck the hose

Anyway that's enough debate about this I think the python and other water changers are very over priced and that's the last I will say on the matter

The distance from tank to drain shouldn't affect the speed of flow

It's very rare that a tanks water line is below a place to drain water via gravity unless you tank is on the floor

If you have the move up and down type of gravel cleaner the starts the syphon then you have no need to suck the hose

Anyway that's enough debate about this I think the python and other water changers are very over priced and that's the last I will say on the matter

I'm still not following you and you still haven't cleared up that whole hit water thing. If your going to post and other members don't understand can you please take the time to at least try and make us understand. Who said anything about drinking hot water.

Also... These water changers works awesome and I for one highly recommend using one against the old but tested and true "bucket brigade"

We can agree to disagree but to be frank I don't even understand half the things you wrote.

I'm still not following you and you still haven't cleared up that whole hit water thing. If your going to post and other members don't understand can you please take the time to at least try and make us understand. Who said anything about drinking hot water.

Also... These water changers works awesome and I for one highly recommend using one against the old but tested and true "bucket brigade"

We can agree to disagree but to be frank I don't even understand half the things you wrote.

I think you need to read everything in this thread

With a python most people use a mixer tap to warm the water a bit before it fills the tank
This I why I stated the hot water from the tap isn't safe to drink so not safe for fish

Keep up

I think you need to read everything in this thread

With a python most people use a mixer tap to warm the water a bit before it fills the tank
This I why I stated the hot water from the tap isn't safe to drink so not safe for fish

Keep up

Ok well... That makes a bit more sense now. I'm not sure what exactly a tap mixer is though.

I just use my bathroom sink. Hot/Cold faucet.

I think anyone should add "hot" water to here tank. As I mentioned it should be temp matched as close as possible. Also who drinks hot water?

Look if I'm coming off harsh its bit intention I'm trying to understand where your coming from. And yes I agree, anyone posting should ask ways read the entire thread before adding a reply. I've been guilty of doing this and it just confuses people.

But really... I never heard of a "tap mixer" or people "mixing" there water before adding to tank.

I just go from sink to tank 1... 2... 3...

A mixer tap is basically just your normal hot/cold tap. It takes your cold water and scalding hot water and puts them in a ratio according to however you adjusted it.

T1KARMANN said:

Keep up

If you want to make the tap water safer for your fish you can back-flush your water heater and change the anode rods from aluminum (commonly found in most water heaters) to magnesium anode rods. It makes the water from hot water heaters much healthier for fish and for people in an emergency (safe to use if the power is out for a long time after a natural disaster). Most people never bother with it and their fish do just fine.

Ok well... That makes a bit more sense now. I'm not sure what exactly a tap mixer is though.

I just use my bathroom sink. Hot/Cold faucet.

I think anyone should add "hot" water to here tank. As I mentioned it should be temp matched as close as possible. Also who drinks hot water?

Look if I'm coming off harsh its bit intention I'm trying to understand where your coming from. And yes I agree, anyone posting should ask ways read the entire thread before adding a reply. I've been guilty of doing this and it just confuses people.

But really... I never heard of a "tap mixer" or people "mixing" there water before adding to tank.

I just go from sink to tank 1... 2... 3...

You can't work out what a mixer tap is but you just satiated what it is

The clue is in the name I used MIXER TAP ie hot and cold mmmmmmm what else could it mean I wonder

As for matching hot and cold why as I stated in my first post which for some reason you didn't understand you wouldn't drink hot water from the tap

For a few reasons as I stated it sits in a tank or how else would it hear up

And the heat element is covered in scale much like what happens to a kettle

You do get temp drops in the wild so no point in matching temp from new to old water

For some reason you don't read what I say or you don't wish to take note of anything I say

I have been keeping fish for over 35 years breed nearly any FW (FW means fresh water if you don't understand that ) including FW stingrays

I keep a 1000 gal tank now that does its own water changes no hot water added
I have 200 gal per day pumped into the main tank via a HMA filter with a overflow pipe on my 6x2 sump

So please don't try talking to me like I know nothing

If you want to make the tap water safer for your fish you can back-flush your water heater and change the anode rods from aluminum (commonly found in most water heaters) to magnesium anode rods. It makes the water from hot water heaters much healthier for fish and for people in an emergency (safe to use if the power is out for a long time after a natural disaster). Most people never bother with it and their fish do just fine.

And how many people do that

I'm telling a temp drop is fine

On my old 350 gal when I used to do water changes my temp dropped from 86 down to 78 in the winter and this was the time the fish bred more as they think its the rainy season

Rainy season = higher water levels = more food

You can't work out what a mixer tap is but you just satiated what it is

The clue is in the name I used MIXER TAP ie hot and cold mmmmmmm what else could it mean I wonder

As for matching hot and cold why as I stated in my first post which for some reason you didn't understand you wouldn't drink hot water from the tap

For a few reasons as I stated it sits in a tank or how else would it hear up

And the heat element is covered in scale much like what happens to a kettle

You do get temp drops in the wild so no point in matching temp from new to old water

For some reason you don't read what I say or you don't wish to take note of anything I say

I have been keeping fish for over 35 years breed nearly any FW (FW means fresh water if you don't understand that ) including FW stingrays

I keep a 1000 gal tank now that does its own water changes no hot water added
I have 200 gal per day pumped into the main tank via a HMA filter with a overflow pipe on my 6x2 sump

So please don't try talking to me like I know nothing

You misunderstood and I apologize if it came off that way. Actually it was I that didn't know what you were talking about. If you read all the posts someone clarified a tap heater which you were referring too.

I had never heard of this s I didn't understand. Again I apologies....

We all learn things and now I know what a tap heater is lol. That's the part I was stuck on.

Never said you didn't know anything btw...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom