Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161 View Post

Ok well... That makes a bit more sense now. I'm not sure what exactly a tap mixer is though.

I just use my bathroom sink. Hot/Cold faucet.

I think anyone should add "hot" water to here tank. As I mentioned it should be temp matched as close as possible. Also who drinks hot water?

Look if I'm coming off harsh its bit intention I'm trying to understand where your coming from. And yes I agree, anyone posting should ask ways read the entire thread before adding a reply. I've been guilty of doing this and it just confuses people.

But really... I never heard of a "tap mixer" or people "mixing" there water before adding to tank.

I just go from sink to tank 1... 2... 3...
You can't work out what a mixer tap is but you just satiated what it is

The clue is in the name I used MIXER TAP ie hot and cold mmmmmmm what else could it mean I wonder

As for matching hot and cold why as I stated in my first post which for some reason you didn't understand you wouldn't drink hot water from the tap

For a few reasons as I stated it sits in a tank or how else would it hear up

And the heat element is covered in scale much like what happens to a kettle

You do get temp drops in the wild so no point in matching temp from new to old water

For some reason you don't read what I say or you don't wish to take note of anything I say

I have been keeping fish for over 35 years breed nearly any FW (FW means fresh water if you don't understand that ) including FW stingrays

I keep a 1000 gal tank now that does its own water changes no hot water added
I have 200 gal per day pumped into the main tank via a HMA filter with a overflow pipe on my 6x2 sump

So please don't try talking to me like I know nothing

Old 03-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallineAlgae View Post

If you want to make the tap water safer for your fish you can back-flush your water heater and change the anode rods from aluminum (commonly found in most water heaters) to magnesium anode rods. It makes the water from hot water heaters much healthier for fish and for people in an emergency (safe to use if the power is out for a long time after a natural disaster). Most people never bother with it and their fish do just fine.
And how many people do that

I'm telling a temp drop is fine

On my old 350 gal when I used to do water changes my temp dropped from 86 down to 78 in the winter and this was the time the fish bred more as they think its the rainy season

Rainy season = higher water levels = more food

Old 03-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1KARMANN View Post

You can't work out what a mixer tap is but you just satiated what it is

The clue is in the name I used MIXER TAP ie hot and cold mmmmmmm what else could it mean I wonder

As for matching hot and cold why as I stated in my first post which for some reason you didn't understand you wouldn't drink hot water from the tap

For a few reasons as I stated it sits in a tank or how else would it hear up

And the heat element is covered in scale much like what happens to a kettle

You do get temp drops in the wild so no point in matching temp from new to old water

For some reason you don't read what I say or you don't wish to take note of anything I say

I have been keeping fish for over 35 years breed nearly any FW (FW means fresh water if you don't understand that ) including FW stingrays

I keep a 1000 gal tank now that does its own water changes no hot water added
I have 200 gal per day pumped into the main tank via a HMA filter with a overflow pipe on my 6x2 sump

So please don't try talking to me like I know nothing
You misunderstood and I apologize if it came off that way. Actually it was I that didn't know what you were talking about. If you read all the posts someone clarified a tap heater which you were referring too.

I had never heard of this s I didn't understand. Again I apologies....

We all learn things and now I know what a tap heater is lol. That's the part I was stuck on.

Never said you didn't know anything btw...

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Old 03-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #34
AA Team Emeritus

Thread closed as it has veered far off topic.

"Listen to some of these guys talk, and it's like they were born from their momma's belly with a fishkeeping encyclopedia in one hand and an API kit in the other" (unrevealed).
Closed Thread

Tags
aqueon, flow

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com