Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-03-2013, 02:27 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Aqueon water Changer pressure leak.

So when I'm filling my tank and I need the water to stop I can't twist the knob by the intake or else it blows water through out of the tubing. I have it on ad firm and tight as it will go.

I don't get how this works say in filling my tank and holy cow I'm almost to the top I have to sprint to my bathroom and shut the water off?

When they designed this how did they over look a pressure release so once the pressure gets to hard it opens a valve to prevent such leakage.

You may have seen my post the other day about how it burst off and soaked my living room.

Suggestions ,advice , similar issues, solutions ?

Anyone ?

Old 06-04-2013, 04:04 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

When I am using mine, I just shut the water off when the tank is full. Not because I have had a problem with back pressure causing a leak, but because I'm afraid it will eventually. When I was a kid, my Dad had a water changer, don't know what brand, but it leaked like crazy from all the connections the whole time it was being used. We used old socks to tie around the connections to absorb the water, lol. I don't want that to happen to my Aqueon!!

Old 06-04-2013, 04:16 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_little_tetra View Post
When I am using mine, I just shut the water off when the tank is full. Not because I have had a problem with back pressure causing a leak, but because I'm afraid it will eventually. When I was a kid, my Dad had a water changer, don't know what brand, but it leaked like crazy from all the connections the whole time it was being used. We used old socks to tie around the connections to absorb the water, lol. I don't want that to happen to my Aqueon!!
Haha ya well I mean its literally a 25 foot walk to shut it off and at that point I could flood if I waited or if I shut off to early I ill have to fill it up with a pitcher
Old 06-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

I just use a set of gripper clamps at the tank to hold the water line in place. When its almost full I can walk away to the faucet and then turn it off. But I always make sure that line at the tank is secured with the clamp before walking away.
t4runnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4runnr View Post
I just use a set of gripper clamps at the tank to hold the water line in place. When its almost full I can walk away to the faucet and then turn it off. But I always make sure that line at the tank is secured with the clamp before walking away.
That's not really my problem
Old 06-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickriley2010 View Post

That's not really my problem
Understood. But my point is that with the absence of a pressure relief, it only takes a few seconds to walk to the faucet to turn the water off. Unless you fill completely to the rim, I can't imagine the few seconds is going to cause an overflow.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Understood. But my point is that with the absence of a pressure relief, it only takes a few seconds to walk to the faucet to turn the water off. Unless you fill completely to the rim, I can't imagine the few seconds is going to cause an overflow.
I know but it sucks shutting it off before its 100% full
Old 06-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickriley2010 View Post

I know but it sucks shutting it off before its 100% full
I assume then you fill to the rim. Can't help you then. Sorry.

I usually leave 1/2 inch from the top. But that's just me. That allows me to reach into the tank and move things if needed without having to remove water or have spill over the sides.

Anyway, good luck.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

I assume then you fill to the rim. Can't help you then. Sorry.

I usually leave 1/2 inch from the top. But that's just me. That allows me to reach into the tank and move things if needed without having to remove water or have spill over the sides.

Anyway, good luck.
If I don't my filters make a ton of bubbles :/ they still make bubbles even when underwater

Tags
aqueon, leak

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com