Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-10-2005, 05:57 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco7
Are they hard to use and put togather or maintain?
The ease of maintenance with the Fluval is outstanding. It takes me literally 10 minutes to clean.

And the men who spurred us on sit in judgment of all wrong, they decide and the shotgun sings the song.

125 SW
80 lb LR
330w PC
Euphyllia, Alveopora, Pachyclauvularia (Metallic Green and Daisy), Frogspawn, Torch, Gold Nepthea, Kenya Tree, Galaxea, Pulsing Xenia, various leather (umbrella, toadstool, fingers, devil fingers, lettuce)
Maroon Clown/White tip LT anemone, Powder Blue Tang, Female Swallow Angel, SixLine Wrasse, Solar Fairy Wrasse, Firefish, Fathead Anthias, Blue Mandarin, 3 Chromis, 3 Green Gobies
Clown Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 07:59 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

IMO, the damage was almost fatal...LOL. If you think about it, if you had gone with the kid's original advice, you may have purchased a different filter altogether.

Old 05-11-2005, 03:00 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to greenmaji
My experiance with the fluval.. I have a old fluval 403.. it is a little harder to maintain but this one is 15 years old and still runs like a dream! There is nothing wrong with the fluval, I know of many of them that are still running that are 10+ years old.. I dont know what to tell you other than if you got yourself one you made a great desision.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:38 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to GIMojo
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmagi
My experiance with the fluval.. I have a old fluval 403.. it is a little harder to maintain but this one is 15 years old and still runs like a dream! There is nothing wrong with the fluval, I know of many of them that are still running that are 10+ years old.. I dont know what to tell you other than if you got yourself one you made a great desision.
YEH!!!! FLUVAL 403 USER!!!!!!!!

Somebody gave it to me at a grage sale along with a bunch of other stuff for 50 dollars

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...iele/sakic.jpg
GIMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 12:28 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

But don't disregard the kids advice on the Cascade either. They are quality canisters. I have 2 and the third is on it's way.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:58 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

I get alot of my equipment used, sometimes broken... I fix it and use it.. my fluval had a bad impeller o-ring.. I just replaced it and off I went..LOL, Im almost certain I didnt pay a penny for it.. so as far as buying the Cascade.. well I might try it if someone breaks an old one and I get my hands on it...LOL
Old 08-03-2005, 09:02 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Newbie

The Fluvals are good filters. Plenty of power, easy to maintain, lots of room to put in anything you want. I haven't had any problems with my 404 (been running for over 2 years, no issues)
Old 10-09-2005, 10:12 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Regular

My fluval 304 (old translucent round one) is 6 years old, and I have never had to even replace the o-ring on it. It can get a picky to get it started (I tilt it to 1 side, to get air out), but it runs nice and quiet. I just wish it had a primer.
Filtration: Eheim 2026 Pimp #168 with Fluval surface skimmer
Lighting: PC 130 watts of 6700k PCs 12hours, 130 watts 10K 4 hours.
Co2 suppl.: 10lb tank with Milwaukee al in one.
Flora:Java Moss, Water Sprite, Microsword, Anacharis, Water Primrose, Rotala rotundifolia, Cryptocoryne wendtii, Echinodorus x barthii, Bacopa monnieri
Fauna: 3 Sailfin Mollies, 8 Tiger barbs, 6 Cory Julii, 6 Ottos, 2 SAEs, 9 Amano shrimp.
tazcrash69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 11:35 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchillin
It's on maximum flow (this was the original test run). What exactly do you mean by "I won't be able to do that?" Do what? I don't know if you can tell, but the tank is almost flush with the wall...plenty of room. The flow is adjustable (as is the outflow nozzle position) I used the pic to show what maximum (with no water in the tank) to illustrate the power...I wouldn't run full flow...it's not necessary.

If I had any problems with it...I would have been happy to cite an example and I have had 0 problems. This one is two months old.
I have a used one and downloaded the instruction manual but seem to have missed the part on how to adjust the flow. How do you adjust the flow speed?

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 07:50 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazcrash69
My fluval 304 (old translucent round one) is 6 years old, and I have never had to even replace the o-ring on it. It can get a picky to get it started (I tilt it to 1 side, to get air out), but it runs nice and quiet. I just wish it had a primer.
the 403 had a bad impeller o-ring from dry rott.. it was left dry for a long time.. otherwise I would say they dont need much maintainace at all..

sorry zagz.. Ive got the old one.. you can restrict any pump on the output side without damaging it.. I would look for a valve on the output or on the output side of the top of the filter case.. HTH

That reminds me that I might be able to use my fluval as a pump!!!! (I need less flow then 311gph) ahhhhh KUDOS to YOU!!!

Tags
fluval, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com