Are leds good for growing coral??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ecancienne1983

Aquarium Advice Activist
Right now i am using an led light set up i bought from petco for 160 bucks not sure on the brand but i remembered when i bought them i wanted the best they had and the lady sent me to these so now im starting to do some coral. A friend gave me a kenya tree and a mushroom just wondering if these leds will give them the light they need to survive.

I am sure they will be fine for a Kenya tree! Likely not much else!

Which lights, and on what size tank?

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok i found them on petcos site they are fluval ones and they are on a 55 gal tank not sure if my tank is longer than normal but its 48" longImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398221127.694333.jpg

For the Kenya tree, and mushrooms, medium light and flow are often enough, but not really a coral keeping light. How do they look under the light?

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I actually havent been home yet to look at them (and to get any kind of feed back from my wife who all i can get out of her is to feed fish and maybee run a water test and change filters lol) but i will be home from offshore in a week so ill check them out than

it all depends on the light, there are led's out there that are .5 watts and still say for corals but they really are not, you want a light that has 3 watt led's and preferably Cree 3 watt led's

Back
Top Bottom