Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-28-2011, 05:07 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah I'm familiar with cleaning them.. it just sucked only having one filter sock and constantly cleaning it. So with 25 of them I can just switch them out. I got 25 for $69+shipping - very good deal IMO.

I did get the 100 micron so I guess I will see how that goes. Im hoping they will last 1-2 days a piece, then I can switch it out with a new one, and wash them like once a month. I'm going to try the washing machine on rinse only cycle.

scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:48 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

guess i need to rinse better! made my skimmer go nuts

Old 09-28-2011, 07:30 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

That happened my skimmer also when i put a new sock in. Where ya order your socks from?
Old 09-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

filterbag.com

these are the socks i got here
PONG100P4P
Old 01-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

I hate to resurrect an old thread, but what's your verdict on those socks? I know you said they sent your skimmer into overdrive, but they look a lot like the Eshopps ones I need to use, and I'm having trouble with clogging and rinsing them in the sink is too time consuming for what I feel like is a low return on investment. I'm gonna try bleach and the washing machine on one and see how that turns out and switch in a new one.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

These socks are very good. They last me a week each.. still haven't ran out of new ones. And haven't had to clean the dirty batch yet.

The oils on them will make your skimmer go crazy for about 10 minutes when you change it. You can either empty your skimmer cup after about 10 minutes or just rinse them out in tap water before using.

Highly recommended!

Tags
filter

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com