ASM G1 skimmer questions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr.Nate

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, I finally broke down and bought a new protein skimmer...man, is this thing massive! It takes up my whole sump. There are no real instructions with it, however. My question is that it says the large up-tube should be almost all the way up for initial break-in, which it is now in. Do I ever need to lower this tube? Any other adjustments I need to make? I't only been 24 hours, but it has skimmed nothing (just like my seaclone). Any thoughts?

I have the same exact skimmer. For initial break in I had the riser tube about even with where the skimmer cup connects with the main skimmer body. Give it some time I hooked mine up on a Saturday and on Monday it was skimmer like mad. I haven't really had to adjust the riser tube. I think when you raise that tube you will get wetter skimmate and if you lower it you will get dryer skimmate. Don't adjust if for a few weeks you want the skimmer to develop the slim coat first.

This skimmer kicks butt!

well, it's been over a week now and all I have is tea colored water in the collection cup. I'm starting to get frustrated!

I had the same thing, I just lowered my tube down a bit, and stopped getting as much, I'll get more concentrated stuff every so often, but not a lot of water...

Instead of emptying every day, I am down to 2x a week.

Back
Top Bottom